If you're using Proofpoint's spam filtering software, you can whitelist PhishingBox to allow your users to receive our simulated phishing emails and system emails.
When you're ready to whitelist in Proofpoint, follow the instructions below.
Whitelisting By IP Address
- From your Proofpoint admin center, navigate to Email Firewall, then Rules.
- Be sure to select the On radio button for Enable, under Rule Settings.
- Name your rule ID something descriptive, such as "PhishingBox Whitelisting by IP Address," and provide a summary of the rule such as "PhishingBox Phishing Simulation"
- In the "Conditions" section you will whitelist PhishingBox by IP address using the "Add Condition" button. You can find our IP addresses for phishing and training emails in this article.
- Under "Dispositions", change the Delivery Method from the default selection to Deliver Now.
- Be sure to save your rule and allow time for this new setting to propagate before testing.
Whitelisting by Email Address
You can whitelist an email address in Proofpoint by following the instructions in this article: https://help.proofpoint.com/Proofpoint_Essentials/Email_Security/Administrator_Topics/090_filtersandsenderlists/Whitelisting_Addresses
Prevent Emails from Going to Spam
Proofpoint may end emails to spam or quarantine. If so, you will need to add PhishingBox to the Organization Safe List in Proofpoint.
- From the Proofpoint admin center, navigate to Email Protection > Spam Detection > Organization Safe List.
- Add PhishingBox phish domain names or IP addresses. For a list of PhishingBox IP addresses, see article: Whitelisting Basics. Phish domain names are set on a template-by-template basis. For a comprehensive list, contact PhishingBox support.