Navigate to Testing > Create Test.
This will open the Create Test page.
From the Getting Started tab you will give the test a unique name to identify it in the system later, select/create a group, select courses to auto enroll failed targets to, and set up basic scheduling information. If you create a new group, you will add targets on the next screen.
Course Auto Enroll
If your account has the Course module activated, you will have the option of adding courses to the test. You will need to have courses already created or pulled from the Course Library before beginning the Test Wizard.
Click on the Calendar icons to change the start and end dates/times for the test. Timezone settings are also located here.
- Immediate tests send out the emails immediately upon wizard completion/test authorization. Based on the Emails Per Hour rate, the system will continue sending emails until all have been sent out.
- Emails Per Hour is how many emails will be sent out each hour until the sending is complete. The minimum rate for the system is 10 emails per hour.
- Randomized tests send out emails based upon the scheduling conditions you set up.
- Send All Before is the absolute latest that any email in the test will be sent. Our system will perfectly schedule/divide all emails to be sent between the ‘Start Date & Time’ and ‘Send All Before’ date and time.
- Select Day(s) allows you to specify which days of the week to send emails.
- Send Anytime of Day determines what time of day the emails will be sent. If checked it will send out emails at equal intervals throughout the day and night. If not checked, Not Before and Not After time input fields will appear to restrict when the
system will send emails.
- Emails Per Target is how many test emails will be sent to each target. You will need to select the same number of templates to ensure a different email is sent each time.
The Target Selection tab allows you to select the specific targets to be included in the test. To aid in selecting appropriate targets, the date of the last test is provided. Targets may be entered manually or imported via a .csv file. To import, headings in the files must be equal to the headings for each field in the system.
In order to run a test, there must be at least as many targets “available” as are included in the current test.
Using the Filter Targets button, you can also filter the target list by name, email, company, title, department, manager, sub-group, country, city, zip, last tested, and any predefined custom fields.
Using the Last Tested dropdown, you can quickly isolate users that have Never Been Tested, Previously Tested, Previously Failed, and Not Tested in 12 Months.
If you have active filters, only those targets matching your filters will be considered.
With the Auto Select button, you can randomly select targets using a Sample Selection Percentage (i.e. 50%), Sample Selection Number, or by Confidence Level.
The Phishing Template tab allows you to add and remove phishing email templates to the test.
My Phishing Templates tab contains all the phishing templates you’ve created, or customized and added from our Template Library.
The Template Library tab contains templates provided by the platform. You can customize these templates as needed. Once used, they will be on the Manage Templates page.
Click the Add button to add a template to the test. Once selected, the templates you have chosen will be highlighted in blue and will be listed in the gray box on the right of the screen.
Verify & Run Test
The Verify & Run Test tab is where you authorize the test and verify the test settings.
The Test Authorization form is where an individual from the target group is identified who can authorize the test to occur. This authorization is required for every @domain included in the test. The reason for this authorization is to ensure that the system is not abused by testing entities that do not know the test is going to occur. Until this authorization is received, the test will be set as Awaiting Authorization on the Dashboard. Once authorized, the test will run as scheduled. If the test time period ends without authorization, the test will be listed as Expired.
Additionally, you can pre-authorize domains so that you no longer need to send a test authorization for each phishing campaign under Manage Target Domains. For instructions, see the article: Manage Domains.
The page also provides a summary of the test configuration. If accurate, click finish and the test will run as scheduled.
Note: The target domain must be authorized before the test in order for the individual targets to receive an email.