Before enrolling targets, make sure to add courses from the course library, or create your own.
From the Main Menu, go to School > Create Enrollment (or, click the plus icon to the right of the Manage Enrollments button).
Once on the Enroll Students page, you can choose to enroll by target or group. For enrolling by group select "group" out of the Enroll by drop-down menu. Then, select your group(s) to enroll under the "Group" drop-down.
For enrolling by targets, start typing the email address of the target in the Targets field.
NOTE: It will not search by name. Make sure to enter a valid email address. After clicking 'Add', verify that a valid email address is in the added targets field, e.g., email@example.com. Students can be enrolled only if they exist as a target within the system.
Once the email address starts generating, click on the email, then click Add to add it to the box of Targets below. If you do not click Add, the email will not be a choice for enrollment.
NOTE: We recommended to enrolling a large number of targets by group rather than individually typing each email address.
Below the group/target select boxes are the Enroll Filters settings. You can filter out targets to be enrolled based on the subgroup, department, language, and timezone. If you use one or more of these filters, then only targets inside the group(s) you are enrolling that match the filter will be enrolled into the course(s).
Below the Enroll Filters are notification and enrollment settings, described below.
- Suppress New Account Notification: this option, when turned on, will prevent new students from receiving the course_new_account_password email (for username/password login account types) or the course_new_account_token email (for token login account types).
- Suppress Enrollment Notification: this option, when turned on, will prevent the course_new_enrollment email from being sent to the students who are about to be enrolled.
- Skip Duplicate Enrollments: if set to "None", then students who have already been enrolled into a course will be enrolled again. If set to "All", this will prevent enrollments for students from being duplicated. If you specify a Date Range, then if the student was enrolled into the course within the date range, they won't be enrolled again into that course.
NOTE: If the Allow Duplicate Enrollments option is off in the School Settings, then duplicate enrollments will not be allowed, even if the Skip Duplicate Enrollments is set to None.
Course / Program Selection
The next step is to choose which course(s) or program(s) you'd like to enroll your targets or group into.
- Available Courses: these are the courses within your account that you may enroll your students/group into.
- Available Course Programs: these are the programs within your account that you may enroll your students/group into.
- Once you have chosen who to enroll, choose from your available courses. The courses you wish to enroll the targets or group in will appear in the To Enroll field.
- Due Date: This is the date the student must complete the course/program. If the student does not complete the training by the due date, then you can specify that they receive past due emails every week. If a course is due on 1/30/2024 then the student must have the course completed by 1/29/2024 in order for the course to be completed on time.
- Use Target Manager Name/Email: Turning this toggle on will cause the target's manager to be used as the enrollment manager. If this setting is off, then you can set a custom manager name/email for the enrollment(s) that will be created.
- Enrollment Manager Name/Email: You may specify a manager for the enrollment. The manager will be CC'd on enrollment and course reminder emails sent to the student (note: the manager will be CC'd on these emails only if you specify this in the school settings).
Click to enroll the targets or group in the selected courses/programs. If done correctly, a green success bar will appear on the top of the window. If you would like to download the enrollment results, you can choose the "Download Results" button. This will download a CSV file containing the results of the enrollment (which targets were enrolled into what courses). Each student that you attempted to enroll into the course will have an entry in the CSV file. Each entry will have a "Status" column. If the status is "Enrolled", then the student was enrolled into the course. If the status is "Filtered", then the student was not enrolled into the course because of being previously enrolled.
We recommend that students take the courses in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.