If your organization utilizes Barracuda's Email Security Gateway, you can whitelist PhishingBox to allow our simulated phishing test emails and training notifcations through to your end-users.
For an up-to-date list of PhishingBox's IP addresses, see this article.
Whitelisting IP addresses in Barracuda's Email Security Gateway
- Log in to your Barracude Email Security Gateway web interface.
- Go to the BLOCK/ACCEPT > IP Filters page.
- In the Allowed IP/Range section, enter the first PhishingBox IP address in the IP/Network Address field.
- In the Netmask field, type 255.255.255.255
- Optional: add a note in the Comment field. For example, type
PhishingBox Simulated IP address
- Click Add to whitelist the entered IP address.
- Complete steps 2-6 for each of the PhishingBox IP address found above.
This information was obtained and summarized from Barracuda's knowledgebase.
Barracuda Intent Analysis
You may need to whitelist us in Barracuda's Intent Analysis feature to prevent the URLs in simulated phishing tests from being altered, and potentially resulting in skewed phishing test results. Here is an article from Barracuda explaining this process.
Barracuda Sender Authentication
If you'd like to spoof your own domain in simulated phishing tests, you can exempt Trusted Forwarder IP addresses from SPF checks. Here is an article from Barracuda with more information.