Creating a Group
To create a group, navigate to Targets / Groups > Create Group. You can also create a group by clicking the "Create" button on the Manage Groups page.
This will open the Create Group Wizard.
1. Group Settings Tab: This tab contains group configuration option.
2. Custom Fields: The Portal system has many predefined target fields e.g. first name, last name, department, city, etc. In the Custom Fields tab you can add your own fields to targets in the group. Simply type the field name into the "Field Name" text box. Click "Add Another Field" to add another field name text box.
3. Group Name: Type the group name in this field. The group MUST have a name in order for the group to be saved.
4. Third-Party Sync Setup: Choose your desired third-party integration in this section, and any syncing automations you would like to enable for the group. For more information on our available third-party integrations, see section: Third-Party Integration.
- Auto-Sync: If auto-sync is enabled, the group will automatically sync with the active directory or learning management system with which the group is integrated.
- Smart-Sync: If smart-sync is enabled, any targets added to the group will be automatically enrolled in any ongoing tests on the group.
5. Create Group: When you are done configuring the group, click this button to save your group in the system. If you have chosen a third-party integration, you will be redirected to the appropriate interface to configure your integration settings.
Editing a Group
After group creation, you can now edit the group. If you have a group that you wish to edit, navigate to Targets / Groups > Manage Groups and click the "Edit" option corresponding to the group you want to edit.
The Edit Group pages exposes a few options that are not available for newly created groups.
The Authorized Users tab allows you to pre-set the users who will receive test authorization emails. If a group has authorized users set, then authorization emails will automatically be sent to the authorized users when the group is scheduled for a test.
The Default Courses tab allows you to enroll group targets in courses for specific fail types. In order for this feature to function the Automations switch must be set to "Yes". These selections will be prepopulated in the Campaign Wizard during campaign creation when selecting Auto-Enroll.
The Integration Settings tab allows you to configure the third-party integration associated with the group. In this example we are using Microsoft Graph, but the tab will display whichever integration you chose during the group creation stage. The integration settings available will vary from integration to integration.