Exempting the Portal's landing and training domains in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge can be done through the Group Policy, by Smart Screen Allow lists or by following the below safelisting steps:
- Contact support to get a list of root landing and phish domains.
- Open up Internet Properties. This can be done a few different ways:
- Press Windows key + R, type inetcpl.cpl, and Press Enter, or
- Open up Internet Explorer. Click the settings icon in the top-right corner and choose Internet Options.
- Open the Security Tab.
- Click the Trusted sites icon.
- Click Sites.
- Uncheck the box that says 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone' (this is below the list of websites).
- Enter the root phishing and landing domains in the "Add this website to the zone" textbox.
- Click "Close".
- After adding the domains, click on Custom level... (located in the Security tab).
- Scroll down to "Use Windows Defender SmartScreen" and disable it. Then, click "OK".
SmartScreen safelisting settings can also be managed through Group Policy. Just follow the below steps:
- Read this article to learn how to add the Portal's root phish and landing domains.
- Go to Group Policy Management Editor. Then, go to: Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Trusted Sites Zone
- Disable the "Turn on SmartScreen Filter scan".
You can use this group policy to configure the list of domains for which Microsoft Defender SmartScreen won't trigger warnings. This policy is available only on Windows instances that are joined to a Microsoft Active Directory domain. Follow the instructions detailed in this article to set up your SmartScreenAllowListDomains