Exempting the Portal's landing and training domains in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge can be done through the Group Policy or by following the below whitelisting steps:
- Contact support to get a list of root landing and phish domains.
- Open up Internet Properties. This can be done a few different ways:
- Press Windows key + R, type inetcpl.cpl, and Press Enter, or
- Open up Internet Explorer. Click the settings icon in the top-right corner and choose Internet Options.
- Open the Security Tab.
- Click the Trusted sites icon.
- Click Sites.
- Uncheck the box that says 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone' (this is below the list of websites).
- Enter the root phishing and landing domains in the "Add this website to the zone" textbox.
- Click "Close".
- After adding the domains, click on Custom level... (located in the Security tab).
- Scroll down to "Use Windows Defender SmartScreen" and disable it. Then, click "OK".
SmartScreen whitelisting settings can also be managed through Group Policy. Just follow the below steps:
- Read this article to learn how to add the Portal's root phish and landing domains.
- Go to Group Policy Management Editor. Then, go to: Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page\Trusted Sites Zone
- Disable the "Turn on SmartScreen Filter scan".