Fortinet's FortiGate web filter is configurable in order to allow access to Portal services. We recommend safelisting (whitelisting) the Portal in Fortigate's web filter if users experience issues accessing landing pages (given a failing phishing test).
The following instructions include information from Foritgate's Static URL Filter article. If you are having problem safelisting Portal in FortiGate, we suggest contacting FortiGate for specific instructions.
Static URL Filter
Allow access to our phish and landing domains by adding them to your Static URL Filter list in your Fortigate firewall. The FortiGate web filter allows access to web pages matching the URLs you specify.
Follow the steps below to safelist Portal in FortiGate:
- Use the domains you have specified in your templates, or contact Portal for a list of our phish and landing domains.
- Go to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Expand Static URL Filter, enable URL Filter, and select Create.
- Enter the URL, without the "http", for example: www.example.com
- Enter all of the domains specified by your templates or Portal support.
- Select Type: Simple
- Select the Action to take against matching URLs: Allow
- Confirm that Status is enabled.