KillPhish is an advanced email threat protection add-in for Office 365. It scans known threats on Windows, Mac/iOS, Android Outlook, for Desktop, Web, and Mobile. It enables reporting phishing and other types of threats. Each inbox's risk profile is unique, and KillPhish can help expose telltale signs of threats to your security. To deploy KillPhish to your organization, follow the steps below.
- Download the manifest. You can download the manifest by navigating to Administration > Settings > Reporting Settings. In the 'Office 365 Add-In (KillPhish)' tab, click the 'manifest.xml' link to download the manifest.
- Sign in to Office 365 with your work or school account.
- Select the app launcher icon in the upper-left and choose Admin.
- In the navigation menu, press Show more, then choose Settings > Integrated Apps.
- Click the Add-ins link on the Integrated apps page.
- Choose Deploy Add-In at the top of the page.
- Choose Next after reviewing the requirements.
- Choose Upload custom apps below 'Deploy a custom add-in'.
- Choose one of the following options on the Deploy a new add-in page:
- I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device. For this option, choose Browse to locate the manifest file (.xml).
- Choose Next after reviewing the add-in details.
- On the Edit who has access page, choose "Everyone", "Specific Users/Groups", or "Only me". Use the search box to find the users and groups to whom you want to deploy the add-in.
- When finished, choose Save to save the manifest. This process may take up to three minutes. Then, finish the walkthrough by pressing Next. You now see your add-in along with other apps in Office 365.
Allow up to 72 hours for the plugin to become fully functional and ready for use by your users.
If you run into the following error with the KillPhish plugin,
then the plugin may be getting blocked by a firewall or security software.
NOTE: Outlook add-ins can take up to 12 hours to appear on users' ribbons