Targets are the fundamental unit of simulated phishing testing. Targets always exist in groups, but you may want to edit a target's information, add or remove targets individually, or view reports on an individual target. All of these functions can be done from the Manage Targets page.
To manage targets, navigate to Targets / Groups > Manage Targets.
The Manage Targets Page
The manage targets page allows you to view and edit individual targets on a per-group basis.
1. Entries Dropdown: Use this select menu to choose how many entries you would like the table to display.
2. Targets Column: This column will display the target's name, the groups that the target is in, and select check boxes for performing mass actions on targets. Any subgroup that the target is in will appear after the colon right of the current group being viewed. Hover the mouse over the to view a list of other groups in which the target is a member.
3. Email Column: This column will display the target's email address. On the left side of the column there will be an icon indicating the validity of the email address.
- Indicates a valid email address.
- Indicates an invalid email address. Targets require a valid email address before being tested.
4. Group Select: Use this select dropdown menu to select the group whose targets you wish to view.
5. Filter Targets: Click this button to open the Target Filtering dialog. Using the filter, you can view targets in the group filtered by name, company, department, sub-group, city, etc. Make sure to click "Apply" to apply the filters. After filtering targets, if you wish to see all targets in the group again, make sure to open the Target Filtering dialog and click "Remove Filters".
6. Add New: This button will open the Add Target dialog. Use this window to manually add targets individually. There are two tabs in this dialog, one for editing target details, and another for managing a target's groups.
The target details tab will display and allow you to edit all the fields associated with the target. If you have configured custom fields for the group they will also be displayed.
Groups in which the target is not a member will appear in the left side, the group in which the target is created is on the right side. To add the target to additional groups, select the group(s) you wish to add the target to and click the ">" button. To add the target to all groups, click the ">>" button. Similarly, you can remove a target from groups by selecting group(s) the target is in on the right and clicking the "<" button.
Click "Save" to save the target's information and groups.
7. Last Test: This column will display the date of the last test in which the target was tested.
8. Actions: This column will display the active/inactive status of the target, and contains action buttons used to make additional actions on the targets. will be displayed if the target is active, will be displayed if the target is inactive. You can click the icons to toggle the status of the target.
- View: This will redirect you to the target overview page. This page will display results from the last 4 tests in which target participated, a list of tests on the target, actions taken by the target, and course information for the target.
- Edit: This will open the edit target dialog. This dialog is identical to the add target dialog outlined above.
- Delete: Remove the target from the group. If the target is not in any other groups, the target will be deleted from the system.
- Warning: If a target is deleted from the system, so will all of the target's testing data. This action is not reversible.