Navigate to Reports > Report Generator.
This will open the Report Generator page.
To generate a report:
- Select a Report
- Select Dates (optional)
- Construct a Cover Page
- Enable or Disable Report Sections
- Enable or Disable Filters
- Select any Custom Fields
Pick the report you want to generate by using the 'Select Report' select menu. Choose a data set to report by, e.g., campaign, group, or target, and the type of report. The various report types are described below.
- Note: All report types can be customized, the user may enable or disable report sections as desired.
There are several report types available.
- By Campaign - Select specific campaigns for reporting. Reports by campaign will only allow one campaign per report.
- Summary Report - A quick summary of a campaign. This report includes the 'Campaign Summary' section which provides the campaign details, failure activity breakdown pie chart, campaign action breakdown by test, and campaign pass/fail breakdown by test.
- Summary Report w/ Executive Reports - Includes the summary report along with reports on any tests included in the campaign.
- By Course - Generate reports for selected courses.
- Enrollment Report - Course reports include enrollees, progress, and dates started and completed.
- By Group - Generate reports for selected groups.
- Summary Report - A quick summary of a group's phishing testing. Includes the group details, failure activity breakdown pie chart, last 12 tests action historical data, and last 12 tests pass/fail historical data.
- Summary Report w/ Metrics - Includes the group summary report along with the group's historical test data, group's target metric data, and a group course summary. (Will only print if there are less than 2500 targets in the group due to browser constraints).
- Summary Report w/ Executive Reports - A group summary that includes test executive reports for all tests on the group.
- Summary By-Date Report - Filter a group summary with a date range.
- Date Comparison Report - A group summary that compares testing activity between two distinct date ranges.
- By Target - Generate reports for selected targets. Select a group to populate the target lists, after which you can select targets. Move the targets for which you wish to generate reports into the 'Selected' field.
- Individual Report - Includes a target summary and a target course summary. The target summary includes a passed vs. failed pie chart for tests taken, most severe actions chart, breakdown by test, actions taken on test emails, an IP map, and an IP summary. Each target selected will generate an additional target summary and a target course summary.
- Individual By-Date Report - Identical to the Individual Report, but you can select a date range to report only tests, actions, and course activity that have taken place within the given date range.
- By Template - Report metrics for an account's templates. Useful for comparing template effectiveness on a template-by-template basis.
- Summary Report - Includes the number of tests in which the template has been included, the number of times the template has been sent as a phishing email, failure percentage, and report percentage.
- By Test - Generate reports for a single test or a group of tests. Test 'Executive Reports' can be included in a number of the other report types. Reporting by test allows you to filter test metrics based on target details including but not limited to department, city, and state.
- Executive Report - A simple test report. This includes the test details, the test's Net Reporter Score, a quick test summary that includes the number of messages sent and failures at a glance, passed vs. failed pie chart, most severe action pie chart, test results, received training pie chart and failed received training pie chart.
- Full Report - An executive report that includes a test comparison summary if multiple tests are selected, and a training summary if selected tests included course auto-enroll.
- Exhaustive Report - A full report that includes a test action summary and template details. The test action summary will only be included if there are fewer than 2500 actions on a test due to browser constraints.
- Failed Only Report - Includes a failed-only test summary, test comparison summary if multiple tests are selected, and test action summaries for tests with less than 2500 actions. Failed only reports filter out all actions that are not failures from reported metrics.
Cover Page Options
These options allow you to make changes to the PDF cover page when you generate the report.
The report title is generated by default based upon the report type and data. However, if you wish to enter your own title you can do so here. This title will appear on the cover page and file name.
Cover Page Image
Upload an image that will display as a cover page header.
Insert a company name that will be displayed on the report's cover page.
Custom Cover Page Text
This is custom text that will appear on the cover page of your report when it is generated as a PDF. You can use paragraph, break, bold, and italic HTML tags. All other tags will be stripped.
The name of the user who generates the report.
The email address of the user who generates the report.
Hide the date generated
By default, the date and time the report is generated will appear on the cover page of the PDF. However, if you wish to hide this date check this box.
Cover Page Logo
A cover page company logo can also be configured on the Branding Settings page.
Report sections can be enabled or disabled at will. Different types of reports will contain different reporting sections. For descriptions of the sections available for different types of reports, see the Select Report section above.
The 'Phishing Term Appendix' is included in all reports by default. The appendix lists any phishing specific terms that may be useful for interpreting the report data. Different phishing templates will generate different terms. Not all phishing templates will hit the same endpoints or lead to the same conclusions. E.g., some phishing emails require report-by actions, some will lead to hook URLs. Every campaign is different and will generate different phishing terms. For more information, see our Phishing Term Appendix.
The 'Hide Annotations Section' switch will enable or disable the annotations sections of reports. Annotations provide additional metadata related to the report, including whether phish domains were flagged by search providers while a test was ongoing.
These options all you to filter the pulled data according to your needs.
Show User IP Filter Actions allows you to display the actions filtered out by the IPs listed on the Testing Defaults page. Displaying these actions does not cause them to be counted.
Show System IP Filter Actions allows you to display the actions filtered out by the known security software IP addresses that the system automatically filters out for you. Displaying these actions does not cause them to be counted.
Show IP Location Data allows you to turn on/off the coordinate data of the IP addresses.
Show Full User Agent Data allows you to turn on/off the full user agent string for the user’s actions.
Target Display Filters
Show Failed Data Only on Actions Breakdown will only allow the report to include fail actions in an included actions breakdown.
Redact Target Email Addresses allows you to hide the email addresses of your targets in the report. For security reasons, this is advised for sending via email.
Redact Target Names allows you to hide the names of your targets in the report. For security reasons, this is advised for sending via email.
Target Query Filters
Target query filters allow you to customize the data pulling queries to include/exclude matching your criteria. You can choose from any of the pre-defined target fields and any custom fields you have created.
Hide Test with No Actions allows you to hide tests that have no actions from displayed data. This only affects the data displayed, not the analysis data.
This dropdown allows you to add any of your custom field data to the target rows in the report. For spacing reasons, it is advised to not add more than 5 fields.
Save Custom Options
Enable the 'Save Custom Options' switch to save a custom report style. If you chose a report type and enabled or disabled report sections and enabled 'Save Custom Options', the report sections and filters will be saved and be accessible at a later date. You will find any saved reports in the 'Select Report' dropdown select menu, and you can manage custom reports on the Manage Custom Reports page.
Post-Report Generation Options
Once your report has been generated the top of the screen will contain some basic data for your review.
Report and Revision Options
The blue area gives basic information about the type of report you generated and a link to re-open and revise the form creation criteria.
Saving Your Data
There are two options for retrieving the report from the system.
Save PDF will save the report as a PDF for you to download or view in your browser.
Email PDF allows you to send the report to anyone you want directly from the system.
A Note About Flattened Data
On some reports you may notice an asterisk (*) beside the number, such as in the screenshots below.
This just means that there was at least one target whose data has been "flattened" on the test or campaign. Some targets are counted in multiple tests/groups, but only one phishing email was actually sent to the target.